Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Beginnings

      This post was the first one I made on the blog back in Aug. 2008. My daughter had helped me set up the blog so I wanted to post something to see how the process worked. It shows a certain naivety about blogs.


       It's one of those posts that you can look back at and see if you did what you said at the beginning of your blog. No one should be bothered by the repetition as I think only one or two people read the post.


       What does one say when one starts a blog ? Obviously something must be on my mind . I'm interested in the environment , music,reading, Xcountry skiing , cycling , issues of health and education ... So from time to time I will leave comments on these topics and other related issues . I hope that you find something of value ...informative, interesting or something which you wish to comment on.
     I look forward to coming up with topics and putting them together for others to think about .

10 comments:

  1. I think you've done a great job, Red. I enjoy your take on life very much. To me you have been a real find. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really fast DJan. I just posted. It's one of those posts that you vividly remember. My daughter was leaving for Chicago in a few days so I wanted to learn how to do a post.
    I certainly enjoy following your two excellent blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've come a long way, Red. You fit so comfortably in the blogging world and have become a must-read stop in my day. Thanks for being here.

    It would be amusing if everyone republished their first post on an arranged day. Maybe. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I love your new header picture. It's perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I may not have been following you all that long, but yours has always been one of the blogs I look forward to calling in at. I would say that you have fulfilled your original intentions perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your comments are certainly gratifying about stopping at my blog. The pleasure is certainly mutual. I also look forward to your posts. Some people tell a good story. Others have interesting topics. Other are excellent writers and some combine these talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just keep writing and we will keep on reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've been blogging for quite a while now and you've made a lot of progress. I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the "progress" comment. With blogging there's always another hill. That's what keeps it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Far side I do enjoy the writing part, but the comments are better.

    ReplyDelete