Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Cleanup

    I have a couple of small topics to take care of. They are too small for a post by themselves.

    So here's a cleanup. I posted some photos of goslings a while ago and somebody asked for ducklings. Usually I see lots of ducklings but not this year. I got one very poor photo of ducklings. I was shooting into bright sun and could not see the image so could not bring it in closer. These are mallard ducklings and they are about half grown.



   I like native flowers. I have areas I visit each year to get my fix. Saturday morning when we were on the bird walk we found many yellow lady slippers. Right beside the lady slippers was some striped coral  root orchid. I did not get a good photo of the coral root orchid.




12 comments:

  1. Good to see that you have Yellow Lady Slipper Orchids too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the name ladyslipper for a flower, for a moment I thought you found real ones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. those orchids are a great find. I found one fen with over 1000 in it. They were getting a petition to stop housing in the area, but not sure it worked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a picture of coral root orchid and plan to have a post about fungus flowers soon. I've seen pink fairy slippers up here but never the yellow variety. Good shots, Red. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if we have "Lady Slippers" here in Oregon, but they sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen some goslings thus far this year, but not ducklings yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have a few lady slippers here but it's rare to find one. I love native flowers too. "Your" flowers in your last post are very pretty! I've never seen an Iris like those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the yellow lady slippers. I have seen them while visiting Minnesota but there are none in my area of the state. I have seen books that show all the small orchid like flowers that grow in northern Iowa. The coral orchid is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the lady slipper almost looks like a spider. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ducklings are just so cute. And they grow so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you had such a fun day, Red. I love wildflowers too.

    ReplyDelete